Roofing FAQ: New Roof And Re-Roofing Answers
* How do I know if I need a new roof?
The roof should always be checked. You should keep tabs of its state. The following are signs that you may need a new roof.
* How much does a new roof cost?
- Your roof is between twenty and twenty five years old.
- The shingles are excessively cracking, curling, or they are blistering.
- There are many shingles that are missing and/are torn or damaged.
- The roof is leaking in many places.
There is no definitive answer as to how much a new roof will cost. There are a variety of considerations needed before an estimate can be given. From that information, a price quotation or an estimate could be done.
Some of the considerations are:
- Size of roof
- Materials to be used
- Location of house (this is needed to determine which materials would be best for that area's weather)
- Is it for a new house or a re roofing
- State costs and taxes
- Type of home
After that, you can have several contractors bid on the project to get the best price.
* When re-roofing, should I peel off old layers or simply add a new layer of shingles?
It is recommended that you add a new layer of shingles to your roof. Scrapping the old layers will just consume more time and energy, and at the same time by peeling off, the thickness of the shingles are decreasing, leading to possible leakages in the future. By adding new layers of shingles onto your roof, it protects the inner part of the roof and provides you relief against further leakages. Obviously, it would be a lot cheaper.
* What kinds of questions should I ask a roofing contractor?
Getting a roof contractor to do your roof needs a little certainty and guarantee. You can ask the following questions to the contractor to erase doubts regarding his/her services:
* What kinds of questions should I ask references of a roofing contractor?
- Ask your roofing contractor questions with regards to their standing in their field of expertise. It will give you a hint whether they are really offering quality service to their clients.
- Ask questions with regards to their operation. This includes whether they have necessary permits and licenses to operate such business, and if they are carrying insurance in case there are unforeseen incidents that may happen during the construction.
- And lastly, ask questions with regards to the actual roofing constructions and the post-construction services and warranty. Inquire if they can explain to you in layman’s terms how they will construct your roofing, what materials are going to be used, and what services and warranties they offer in case leakages or damages happened to your roof within a time period after construction.
Sometimes, you need referrals from people who know the roofing contractor's work you are considering, especially when you are unfamiliar with that type of business. As the roofing contractor for references, especially from customers who have had work done by him. Questions like the following can be asked of your references of a roofing contractor:
- Initially, ask questions with regards to their relationship with the contractor. Maybe the contractor is a friend or a relative of your reference. That will give you an idea how well that reference knows the contractor.
- You can inquire if they have acquired the services of the roofing contractor. Ask them if they have personally witnessed the construction of their roof, and at the same time letting your reference talk about the quality of service.
- Lastly, ask queries on the reliability of their service, if it withstands the different outside elements surrounding the roof. In this way, you will have no doubt of the integrity of the contractor because the reference himself will tell all.
Roof Replacement near Atomic City, ID 83215
Call 855-462-5515 Now!
Our expert Leak Repair Roofers provide Expert Roofing Services. If you have any questions or concerns about our service area, please give us a call today. We are competitively priced in this city from other roofing companies because we are confident that you will be thrilled with how your roofing project will turn out. Again, call today to schedule a consultation for your roofing needs.
Roofing is something that every home owner needs to know something about, after all it is about the roof over your head and is directly linked to the quality of life in your house. Looking for anew roof for a house can be an exhausting work, the research for the materials and the negotiations with the professionals, even before any material has been purchased and any work begun you may find yourself giving up the idea, just for the sheer scale of the project and what it involves.
If you are looking to get a new roof on your house, you will have to think about the way you are going to get the work done, many people think that they can do the work themselves only to later discover that they cant, and than they are in a desperate situation that needs urgent help, which usually costs them much more than if they would have planed things right. When you are thinking of getting a new roof for your house, chances are that you will not want to go at it alone. Not only is the construction dangerous, but it is hard to select the correct roofing materials and to construct it in a structurally-reliable manner.
There are, of course, advantages to getting a professional to do the roofing for you. The number one advantage of hiring a roofing contractor is that you will be able to get expert feedback on what materials you need, for both aesthetic and practical reasons. If you have any questions about damage to your roof, or anything to do with style, you will be able to speak with your roofing contractor. Another advantage of using a roofing contractor is that you are ensured of having the job done right the first time, there should be maximal efficiency to the roofing contractor work, allowing you minimal time of work on your house and the absolute minimum discomfort for you and your family while the work is being done.
Not only can they do what you request of them, but your roofing contractor may also be able to locate any problem areas that may be arising. This is very important because if you can get these areas repaired early on, you may be able to avoid a lot of damage to your home down the road. It is very important to get a roofing job done as professionally and as thoroughly as possible, since most people do not go about changing their roof every few years you may want to think of all the aspects of this project before you sign any agreement or buy any material.
Naturally you should find out if the contractor you are going to hire is the right person for the work so you may want to ask them for some references. The best way that this can be done is asking what other houses in your neighborhood that they have worked on, look at the work, listen to other peoples experience and that would make your decision easier. This way you can go by and see what the roof looks like, and also ask these people what they thought of the level of service that they received. By checking out potential contractors up front, you will be able to avoid running into problems after they have already started the job.