Roofing FAQ: New Roof And Re-Roofing Answers
* How do I know if I need a new roof?
The roof should always be checked. You should keep tabs of its state. The following are signs that you may need a new roof.
* How much does a new roof cost?
- Your roof is between twenty and twenty five years old.
- The shingles are excessively cracking, curling, or they are blistering.
- There are many shingles that are missing and/are torn or damaged.
- The roof is leaking in many places.
There is no definitive answer as to how much a new roof will cost. There are a variety of considerations needed before an estimate can be given. From that information, a price quotation or an estimate could be done.
Some of the considerations are:
- Size of roof
- Materials to be used
- Location of house (this is needed to determine which materials would be best for that area's weather)
- Is it for a new house or a re roofing
- State costs and taxes
- Type of home
After that, you can have several contractors bid on the project to get the best price.
* When re-roofing, should I peel off old layers or simply add a new layer of shingles?
It is recommended that you add a new layer of shingles to your roof. Scrapping the old layers will just consume more time and energy, and at the same time by peeling off, the thickness of the shingles are decreasing, leading to possible leakages in the future. By adding new layers of shingles onto your roof, it protects the inner part of the roof and provides you relief against further leakages. Obviously, it would be a lot cheaper.
* What kinds of questions should I ask a roofing contractor?
Getting a roof contractor to do your roof needs a little certainty and guarantee. You can ask the following questions to the contractor to erase doubts regarding his/her services:
* What kinds of questions should I ask references of a roofing contractor?
- Ask your roofing contractor questions with regards to their standing in their field of expertise. It will give you a hint whether they are really offering quality service to their clients.
- Ask questions with regards to their operation. This includes whether they have necessary permits and licenses to operate such business, and if they are carrying insurance in case there are unforeseen incidents that may happen during the construction.
- And lastly, ask questions with regards to the actual roofing constructions and the post-construction services and warranty. Inquire if they can explain to you in layman’s terms how they will construct your roofing, what materials are going to be used, and what services and warranties they offer in case leakages or damages happened to your roof within a time period after construction.
Sometimes, you need referrals from people who know the roofing contractor's work you are considering, especially when you are unfamiliar with that type of business. As the roofing contractor for references, especially from customers who have had work done by him. Questions like the following can be asked of your references of a roofing contractor:
- Initially, ask questions with regards to their relationship with the contractor. Maybe the contractor is a friend or a relative of your reference. That will give you an idea how well that reference knows the contractor.
- You can inquire if they have acquired the services of the roofing contractor. Ask them if they have personally witnessed the construction of their roof, and at the same time letting your reference talk about the quality of service.
- Lastly, ask queries on the reliability of their service, if it withstands the different outside elements surrounding the roof. In this way, you will have no doubt of the integrity of the contractor because the reference himself will tell all.
Roof Maintenance near Filer, ID 83328
Call 855-462-5515 Now!
Our expert Leak Repair Roofers provide Expert Roofing Services. If you have any questions or concerns about our service area, please give us a call today. We are competitively priced in this city from other roofing companies because we are confident that you will be thrilled with how your roofing project will turn out. Again, call today to schedule a estimate for your roofing needs.
The most important decision you will ever make in roofing your home
Homeowners understand that good roofing is the most excellent protection for a house. A roof keeps out wind, rain, snow, hail, and the sun's glow and warmth. However, knowing when to restore a roof and with what type of roofing material is often a complicated choice.
A new roof is a large asset and it's also one of the most significant things you can make for the shelter and overall worth of your home. To achieve this, a roof's exterior must be watertight and tough as well as supple enough to adapt to heat changes without cracking or otherwise losing its reliability.
Roofing shingles come in many styles and are made of many different materials. They vary in their layer materials and design, but the majority roofs consist of wood framing, flashing wood, roofing felt, and the surface roofing material.
Most homes nowadays have contemporary asphalt shingles that come in many varieties that give different looks in the shape of architectural shingles. There are also accessible from roofing suppliers different roofing systems such as steel roofing, copper roofing, slate roofing and composite roofing systems.
A lot of homeowners prefer metal roofing, which provides outstanding long-term protection, or slate roofing, which provides a pleasant artistic exterior.